To expedite the admissions process, the following application materials should be sent directly to: MPhil-PhD Programs, Faculty of Business Administration, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Room 1503, Cheng Yu Tung Building, No.12, Chak Cheung Street, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong:
- A preliminary research proposal
- A statement of purpose
- A copy of previous written work, such as a thesis, research project report or published article
- Receipt of payment of the application fee
- One copy of the application form
- One photocopy of the relevant certificates of academic or professional qualifications (e.g. university certificates of graduation, examination certificates and other qualifications). Original documents should not be sent.
- An official transcript of the applicant’s academic record, to be sent directly by the university attended by the applicants. Applicants should complete the 'Transcript Request Form' and send it to their university to apply for the transcript. If submitted by the applicant, only transcripts in an envelope sealed by the applicant's university will be accepted.
- Confidential recommendations from two referees to be sent directly by the referees.
- A GMAT/GRE report
All transcripts and letters of recommendation must reach the MPhil-PhD office by January 6, 2013. The non-refundable application fee is HK$180 (non-refundable) per program. The tuition fees of 2012-2013 are as follows:
|Annual Fee (HK$)|
Students are also required to pay a deposit of HK$450 payable at first registration and returnable at the termination of studies, subject to no claim being outstanding. The balance of this deposit is usually transferred as payment of the Graduation fee. Online Application is available now for the 2013-14 academic year.